2019-2020 Season – Here We GO!
Ice Climbing Season off to a Great Start
It was a warm October but November is delivering the cold we need. From what we have seen, this next weekend is shaping up for some good early season ice climbing. Many of the early season climbs have already been done. Cold temperatures and new snow will help shape the conditions. Not a lot of ice but if you want it, you can find it. Lets hope this pattern keeps building and we don’t get a tropical wave next. But this is the Northeast, so anything is possible.
- Chouinards Gully 11/9/19 – Done by Ian Osteyee and Rob Belensky (canoe helpful)
- Lions on the Beach, thin but it has be climbed.
- Cascade Pass 11/19/19 – Some “flows” were climbed by Ian and Shyloah Osteyee.
- Smuggs – starting to shape up. The Notch” road is CLOSED for the season!
- Lake Willoughby – Not yet!
- Pinnacle, Done! Info here…
- Tucks – Hillmans Highway received numerous ascents. The headwall had a lot of ice.
- The Black Dike? We have heard reports that it may have been done. If not, it should go this week.
- Crawford Notch – Standard and Dracula are starting to shape up nicely. Shoe String should be in condition soon.